Workforce Connections is a training and employment program to assist individuals in obtaining skills and connecting to employment. Participants will have the opportunity to discover career opportunities, gain new skills, connect to community resources and jobs, and obtain support in maintaining employment.
Interested participants may choose from five different training/certification tracks:
- Career Exploration and Workplace Essential Skills/Kentucky Essential Skills Certification (KESC)
- This track is for those who want to explore various job opportunities based on interests and skills. Also, for those who are interested in receiving a certification in the soft skills that are most sought after by employers.
- Customer Service Representative Training/Certification (CSRC)
- This track is for those who wish to work in customer service. They will also receive career exploration to identify the best type of customer service job and job placement services in the customer service field. If unsure of a specific job, may also participate in career exploration.
- Manufacturing Production Work-based Learning and Forklift Certification
- This track is for those who are interested in obtaining skills in manufacturing production, logistics, and materials handling while learning to operate a forklift.
- Fast-Track Forklift Certification
- This track is for those who are interested in learning to operate a forklift for a company that requires those skills.
- Skilled Trades Academy
- This track is a pre-apprenticeship program for those who would like to obtain skills and work experience in the Skilled Trades. Those interested must apply and be accepted by the Skilled Trades Academy.